Dec 22, 2014

though it's been said many times, many ways....

 photo IMG_2186_zps9c89bbd7.jpg

 photo simply_zps24a4ee0e.png photo IMG_2236_zpse5398474.jpg
 photo IMG_2187_zps41057338.jpg

NOEL. >> christmas. >> the only word in the world that echoes of such joy, nostalgia, and child-like excitement. to be honest, i haven't felt this thrill for the christmas season in a very long time. 'tis rather a shame what zeal one loses with time and age. but as a college girl, christmas to me will always be inviting with the warm reminder that i'm coming home. while my desk has been overflowing with crafty goodness and my books are filled to the margins with brainstorms and dizzying checklists, i've accomplished little crafting this year {as compared to the past three [deepest apologies to my dearest penpals]}, since i only came home a week prior. i've determined to spend more quality time with mum shopping and relaxing with dad over a cuppa coffee than shutting myself up in the room with a sewing machine. i'm stealing moment, which in turn call for sacrifices, but i'm seizing memories that will last me through the bitter months ahead. of course, my dear jw and i had to squeeze in a traditional Skype crafting date as we couldn't be together in person, but most of my time has been devoted to much needed rest after a hectic semester. 

though it's been said, many times, many ways...
joyeux noël. felix navidad. frohe weihnachten. С Рождеством. buon natale. 
merry christmas to you. 
in excelsis deo // xx

postscript // i hope to write up a few posts while i'm on break, but from now on until summer, you'll be able to find me more on insta and vsco grid. 
p.s.s. is christmas really in three days? good grief. i need to get something done. 
be a dear and stop by sometime, m'kay? 
i'll have homemade hot chocolate, a bowl of freshly-picked pomegranates, and some homemade english walnut toffee waiting for you. 

7 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you, too! Hope you have a blessed time at home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas, Grace! I'm so glad that you're enjoying time with your parents and friends! Happy crafting!
    -Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas, my lovely!! So glad I got to spend some of that going-home Christmas cheer with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas, dear girl! I know what you mean about this Christmas meaning more after being away at college. It's the same for me, too.

    Hugs,
    Emily.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so, so lovely! How I would love to pop over to your home and chat, sip tea, and do crafty things with you! Merry Christmas to you also! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you and yours have a very Merry Christmas, Grace!! Wishing you all the best moving into the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a lovely post, and I totally get what your saying. My Christmas spirit has been rather dim this year as well, but I'm still determined to enjoy all the season has to offer! :) Merry Christmas to you, Grace.

    ReplyDelete